What’s Happening in Binghamton
The Endwell Fire Station hosts a Pancake Breakfast, November 26th from 7am to 1pm. All you can eat. Kids get to visit with Santa from 10am to noon. More events here.
- Help the Scleroderma Foundation Tri-State Chapter online fundraising campaign by donating fifty dollars to buy a piece of the Foundation’s virtual tri-state map. Visit we are tri state dot org.
- The Church Women United's "Community Mitten Tree" is standing in the NBT Bank of Oxford on 10 North Canal Street again this year to be decorated by donating hats, slippers, mittens, toys, and books for the Community Christmas Baskets. This drive will run until the first Friday in December. For more information, please visit common cents dot chenango dot org.
- American Legion Post 1390, 2419 Route 26 Maine hosts Wing Night, November 25th from 6:30 to 8:00 PM. One dozen is $7.50 … $6.50 per dozen for veterans with proof. BBQ, Mild, Hot, and Garlic available.
- The Oxford and McDonough Communities host their 33rd annual Free Thanksgiving Dinner, noon to 1 p.m., on Thursday, November 23rd at St. Joseph's Church, 3 Scott Street. All are welcome. For reservations and deliveries to shut-ins (Oxford area only), call one of the following through Tuesday, Nov. 21st … Joyce Ardron, 843-9747; Barbara A. Lawton, 843-9329; Bobbie Lawton, 843-6241; Sue Hubbard, 843-9635.
- The annual Community Hanukkah Celebration, co-sponsored by the JCC and the Jewish Federation, will take place at the JCC on Wednesday, December 13th from 5:15pm to 7pm. Food tickets will be sold for $8 per person, $6 for seniors and children with a family maximum of $28. Reservations are greatly appreciated and can be made by calling the JCC office at 724-2417.
- Centenary Methodist Church hosts a Rummage Sale at 438 Chenango Street, Binghamton, December 8th beginning at 9:00 am.
- The Endicott Visitor Center hosts Sip 'N Shop - The Big Chill, December 7th from 6 to 9:00 pm. Shop from over 30 local and direct sale vendors while sipping on Sangria and sampling some of the many desserts and appetizers. Coffee and Tea will be available. Endicott Auxiliary Police will be onsite fundraising.
- Sonostics will be offering ''FREE Cognitive Screenings'' at the Oakdale Mall, November 20th through December 18th from 8am to 6pm. Screenings detect possible cognitive impairment which can determine whether an individual needs further evaluation. To register call 607 748-1700 and schedule an appointment.
- Don’t miss the Small Business Saturday Holiday Shopping Extravaganza at Double Tree by Hilton, November 25th from 10am to 2pm. Raffle Baskets from local Small Businesses. Join 35 local vendors plus 12 LuLa Roe retailers for a fun filled day of treats and gifts for your whole family!
- The Broome County Public Library needs to fill three vacant positions on its Board of Trustees. The Library is searching for a City of Binghamton resident and 2 Broome County residents to serve on the Board. Interested persons should send a resume and cover letter to Broome County Public Library Board of Trustees, 185 Court Street, Binghamton, New York 13901.