What’s Happening in Binghamton
Baseball, a Duck Derby and the Broome County Fair highlight the weekend, check out a list of events in our community.
- The Broome Country Fair in Whitney Point continue this weekend with rides games, a demolition derby, tractor Pulls and much more, schedule HERE
- The 7th annual Humane Society Duck Derby will be this Sunday July 30th beginning at Noon with lots of fun, games food and at 3pm approx. 10,000 rubber ducks will make their way down the Susquehanna River
- A 5K Run/Walk to benefit Meals on Wheels of Western Broome takes place August 5th beginning at 9am at the Vestal Coal House. Cost is twenty dollars and includes a race t-shirt. Register at meals on wheels 5 k dot event brite dot com.
- All are invited to attend a Pasta Dinner Fundraiser for Broome County Senior Games, August 10th at 5pm at the Broome West Senior Center. Cost is seven dollar for adults, four dollars for children 12 and under; children three and under are free. Purchase tickets at the Broome West Senior Center and at the Broom County Office for Aging.
- Brookdale Vestal West is holding a “Blast Off 2 School” supply drive through August 31st. They will provide twenty-five backpacks and school supplies to a classroom in need. School supplies can be donated at Brookdale Vestal West, 421 Plaza Drive, Vestal. Call 771-1700 for more information.
- The next Broome County Summer Reads event is August 10th at 2pm at The Mansion, 85 Walnut Street, Binghamton. The event includes a story reading and a fun activity.
- The Four County Library System Bookmobile will be out August 8th and 10th at various locations. Please call 607-723-8236 for locations and times.
- Rome Volunteer Fire Company hold its Annual Roman Holidays, August 5th starting at 10am at the Rome Fire Hall, Main Street, Rome, P-A. Midway, music, food, games and more!
- American Legion Post 1390, 2619 Route 26, Maine, hosts a Wing Night, August 5th from 7 to 9pm. Various flavors of wings at $7.50 per baker’s dozen. Eat in or take out.
- The Newark Valley Days Festival takes place at the Newark Valley Fire Hall, August 9th through the 13th. For a full list of events check Facebook or n v history dot org.
- The Chenango Bridge Airport, 247 Airport Road, Chenango Bridge, hosts their 32nd Annual Festival of Giants R/C Air Show, August 10th from 10am to 5pm. For more information visit Binghamton aeros dot wild apricot dot org.