What’s Happening in Binghamton
The Endicott Holiday Parade is Saturday, October 2nd beginning at 11am on Washington Ave. Endicott. Check out a list of local community events here.
- Nimmonsburg United Methodist Church, 918 Upper Front Street, Binghamton, holds its Holiday Bazaar, December 2nd and 9th from 9am to 3pm with holiday decorations and gifts, hand-crafted items, jewelry and more.
- The Four County Library Bookmobile will be at Saint Mark’s Episcopal Church, December 5th from 9:30 to 10:15, and at various locations December 7th. For times and locations call 607-723-8236 and dial zero.
- The Binghamton Theater Organ Society presents “Holiday Hit Parade” December 2nd at 3pm. Many local musicians and vocalists perform favorite holiday hits woven into a show with Nancy Wildoner on the organ.
- The Tioga Arts Council host Kids’ Night Out, December 2nd at 179 Front Street, Owego, where kids are invited to make their own free cardboard Polar Express.
- Newark Valley United Church of Christ host a Craft Bazaar & Bake Sale, December 2nd form 9am to 3pm. Multiple vendors selling unique craft items and baked goods. Lunch available.
- Waterman Center is hosting a presentation and book signing by Linda Spielman, December 9th at 1pm. To register, call 607-625-2221 or email info at waterman center dot org.
- Help the Scleroderma Foundation Tri-State Chapter online fundraising campaign by donating fifty dollars to buy a piece of the Foundation’s virtual tri-state map. Visit we are tri state dot org.
- The Church Women United's "Community Mitten Tree" is standing in the NBT Bank of Oxford on 10 North Canal Street again this year to be decorated by donating hats, slippers, mittens, toys, and books for the Community Christmas Baskets. This drive will run until the first Friday in December. For more information, please visit common cents dot chenango dot org.
- The Vestal Community Chorus holds its holiday concert “Holiday Harmony 2017” December 2nd at 7pm at the Vestal United Methodist Church, 328 Main Street, Vestal. Includes a visit from Santa. Admission is free but donations are appreciated.
- Sacred Heart Ukrainian Catholic Church, 230 Ukrainian Hill Road, Johnson City, holds its Christmas Bazaar, December 2nd from 10am to 2pm. Unique gift ideas and Ukrainian food. No entrance fee.
- Mom’s House hosts its annual Breakfast With Santa, December 2nd, from 8 to 11:30am at the Endwell United Methodist Church, 3301 Watson Boulevard, Endwell. Cost is $7.50 for aduts; $5 for children 5 through 12; kids under 5 are free. For more information call 644-9972.
- The Broome County Office for Aging is hosting “Dealing with Stress and Guilt as a Caregiver” December 7th from 1 to 2:30pm at UHS Stay Healthy Center at the Oakdale Mall. Pre-registration is suggested by calling 778-2411.
- Holiday shoppers are invited to support “Be a Santa to a Senior” by visiting Boscov’s, where Be a Santa to Seniors trees are on display from now until December 14th. For more information visit be a santa to a senior dot com.
- The Broome County Humane Society is collecting gently worn, used or new shoes of all types for a Shoe Drive to benefit the shelter. Drop shoes off at 167 Conklin Ave, Binghamton through December 7th.
- The Southern Tier AIDS Program hosts its 7th annual “Hair Warz” December 3rd from 4 to 6pm at the Double Tree by Hilton. Tickets are on sale now at participating salons and at STAP, 22 Riverside Drive, Binghamton.