Best Selling Children’s Books in Binghamton
Growing up in the Binghamton area, I was lucky enough to enjoy reading and always had an appreciation for books. The key is to start reading to your kids as early as possible and that excitement will hopefully carry over to strong reading skills when they become older.
Clifford the Big Red Dog is the star for the eighth annual Preschool Literacy Day, Thursday May 5 from 5:30 to 7:30pm at the JCC Binghamton. According to JCC Early Childhood Director Marlene Schwartz Patrick, "Literacy Day is about bringing books to life and getting children excited about reading."
The event is free at the JCC, 500 Clubhouse Road in Vestal. Children are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite literary characters for a fun evening of reading.
Children's books are big sellers here in the Binghamton area. According to RiverRead Books in Binghamton, there are a number of children's titles that are very popular with young readers of all ages.
Here are some of Binghamton's best sellers:
- Crocopotamus: Mix and Match the Wild Animals! by Mary Murphy (ages 0-3)
- Rhymoceros and Hippopposites by Janik Coat are cute and quirky board books, perfect for one to three year olds.
- Ideas Are All Around by Philip C. Stead (ages 4-8)
- Booked by Kwame Alexander (ages 10-13)
- Raymie Nightingale by Katie DiCamillo (age10+)
- Salt To the Sea by Ruta Sepetys (age 12+)
[Via JCC, RiverRead Books]