Most Ridiculous Thing Your Parents Did To Save Cash
I can remember my parents saving cash any way they could. I remember them putting our garbage in shopping bags and throwing them out at several gas stations making it look like we “just cleaned out the car” or my grandmother asking for her “Senior Citizens Discount” everywhere we went. Someone recently took to Reddit to ask that very question. What were some of the most ridiculous things that your parents did to save money?
Here’s the my top 5 pick.
1. “My mom tried to convince the ticket guy at the movies my brother was 12. He was 19 and smoking a cigarette.”
2. “When I was in junior high, I wanted weights to bulk up for sports. My dad filled two big Folgers coffee cans with cement and stuck them on a sawed off broom handle.”
3. “When we demolished our brick garage, my dad made us clean every brick with a pickax and line them up around the house for future use. It took one year of backbreaking effort and they’re still there eight years later.”
4. “They’d collect all the pieces of soap when the bars get too small to use, put them in pantyhose, and hang them from the shower head. You’re supposed to lather up your hands and use that soap until it’s gone.”
5. “My dad would build up speed, then turn the engine off and coast down to five miles-per-hour to save gas. He did that while my friends were in the car.”