Big Game Bites: Big Game Day Feature Recipe
The BIG game is today and if you’re still looking for some inspiration for food to serve to your big game guests, I’ve got it for you right here! For the past week I’ve been sharing a different recipe with you every day, but I saved my very favorite recipe for today. This is a recipe my best friend Jay and I came up with through trial and error until we perfected it.
Chicken Wonton Tacos
- 6-8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, grilled
- 1 tablespoon stir fry oil
- 1 package of cole slaw mix
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- Asian vinaigrette dressing
- 1 package square wonton wrappers
- 1 cup vegetable oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro and limes
- In a bowl mix together cole slaw mix (but do not use the cole slaw dressing that comes with it), cilantro and dice red onion.
- Pour Asian Vinaigrette into cole slaw mix, you won’t need much. Use an amount that makes the cole slaw taste the way you want it. I use about 1/4 of a cup or less.
- Stir cole slaw mixture together until all ingredients are well combined and refrigerate for a minimum of one hour. I found that it was easiest to mix up the slaw mixture by using my hands. Just be sure to wash them well before and after!
- Grill Chicken breasts and cut into small cubes. In a preheated skillet warm up stir fry oil. When oil is hot add chicken. Fry for about 2 minutes or so until chicken is hot and coated in stir fry oil. Remove chicken from skillet and add 1 cup of vegetable oil to the pan. I also coated the chicken in the vinaigrette because I really wanted that Asian taste.
- Place a “strip” of cubed and fried chicken in the center of a wonton wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper so that it resembles a taco.
- Fry wonton wrapper with chicken inside for about 30 seconds or so until wonton wrapper is golden brown and crispy. You want to be sure to keep the wonton open- don’t let it seal or it won’t really be a taco. To keep it from sealing, hold the top flap up with a pair of tongs until the wonton starts to fry.
- Top each taco with cole slaw mix and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro. Give everyone a lime wedge to squeeze over their tacos.