5 Things You Can Do With Beer Other Than Drinking It
I don’t know about you, but when I think about beer, I usually just think about cooking with it or drinking it. But beer is actually really versatile and I think you’ll be really surprised to learn all of the things you can do with beer.
1. Wash Your Hair With Beer. If you want shinier hair that’s full of volume, skip the hair conditioner and break out a bottle of beer! Beer is good for your hair because it has protein that strengthens your hair. And not only that, beer also has a low pH and is a mild astringent which helps keep your hair clean.
2. Sleep Aid. Beer can help you get a good night’s sleep and you don’t even have to drink it. When you’re washing your sheets and pillowcases, pour some beer into the washer. Apparently there’s something about the smell of beer that works as a sedative.
3. Slugicide. Definitely save this tip for when spring rolls around! If your garden is under attack from slugs and snails, just pour beer into a shallow dish and leave it out overnight. Much like humans, slugs too are attracted to beer.
4. Revive Your Wooden Furniture. This is a great way to use those half full, flat bottles of beer you always wind up having after a party. Flat beer does a great job of restoring the shine to wooden furniture. Wait till the beer is absolutely flat and use just enough to moisten a towel. After you wipe down your furniture, it’ll return to its original fresh color.
5. Metal Polisher. When your kitchenware, faucets or other metal around the house is looking a little dull, you can polish it with beer. Beer is mildly acidic and that helps remove tarnish. Just pour a little beer on a cleaning rag and polish away.
If you’d like to learn more about the awesomeness that is beer, definitely consider joining us for Binghamton on Tap this Friday and Saturday in downtown Binghamton!