5 Things You Can Do With Beer Other Than Drinking It
If you’ve got a whole bunch of beer leftover from yesterday’s big game party and the thought of popping another one open and drinking it makes you sick to your stomach, you might want to check out some of the other things you can do with beer.
1. Wash Your Hair With Beer. If you want shinier hair that’s full of volume, skip the hair conditioner and break out the bottle of beer! Scientifically speaking, beer is good for your hair because it has protein that strengthens your hair. Not only that, but it has a low pH and is a mild astringent to help keep your hair clean. And no, you won’t smell like a frat party.
2. Sleep Aid. Beer can help you get a good night’s sleep and you don’t even have to drink it. When you’re washing your sheets and pillowcases, pour some beer into the washer. Apparently there’s something about the smell of beer that works as a sedative.
3. Slugicide. Save this tip for when spring rolls around.If your garden is under attack from slugs and snails, just pour beer into a shallow dish and leave it out overnight. For whatever reason, slugs are attracted to beer.
4. Revive Your Wooden Furniture. This is a great way to use those half full, flat bottles of beer you always wind up having after a party like the one you had yesterday. Flat beer does a great job of restoring the shine to wooden furniture. Wait till the beer is absolutely flat and use just enough to moisten a towel. After you wipe down your furniture, it’ll return to its original fresh color.
5. Metal Polisher. When your kitchenware, faucets or other metal around the house is looking a little dull, you can polish it with beer. Beer is mildly acidic and that helps remove tarnish. Just pour a little beer on a cleaning rag and polish away.