Simply Delicious S’Mores Pie [RECIPE]
There’s something about a s’more that brings out the little girl in me, but what’s a girl to do when she gets struck with one of those “I must have a s’more NOW” feelings but it’s raining outside? Embrace the rain, stay inside and make a s’mores pie, of course!
This is a recipe an old friend share with me and while she makes her graham cracker crust from scratch, if you just can’t wait a second longer for the mouth watering goodness, you can take a shortcut and use a pre-made graham cracker crust. You can even go so far as to use pre-packaged pudding cups if you want. Nothing wrong with saving a little time!
- 1 sleeve of honey graham crackers (about 9 crackers)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon1/3 cup of brown brown sugarA pinch of salt7 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter
- 1 large package of chocolate pudding plus the ingredients needed to make it (they’re listed on the box)
- 8 ounces whipped cream topping10 ounces of marshmallows
- Place graham crackers into food processor and pulse until they turn to crumbs. Add the cinnamon, sugar and salt and pulse to combine.
- Spray a pie pan really well with non-stick cooking spray. Put the graham cracker crumb mixture into the pan and then gently pour in the melted butter. Mix this together with a fork and then press crust into the sides of pan.
- Bake the crust at 350 degrees for about10 minutes until the crust is firm. Pull from the over and set to the side to cool down.
- While the crust is in the over, mix together your pudding and mix in the whipped cream with the pudding. Pour the filling into the baked and cooled crust and then place into refrigerator for about four hours or until firm.
- After the pie has set, top with marshmallows and then place under the broiler with the oven door open until the marshmallows have toasted. This only takes a minute or so, so don’t walk away!
- Eat and be happy!