Seven Gifts to Avoid Giving Dad This Father’s Day
If you're like me and struggle to come up with gift ideas for Father's Day, as long as you avoid these seven things, you should be good.
7. Any T-Shirt with the Word "Dad" on It. Dad might wear it, even though it's lame, but he'd almost definitely prefer a T-shirt with nothing on it.
6. A "Hot Sauce of the Month Club" Membership. Complex says any monthly membership like that is lame, because it seems thoughtful, but isn't.
5. Dad Jeans. If you're giving dad jeans, it might not be a bad idea to upgrade his style a bit. On the other hand, dad probably likes his dad jeans because they're comfortable and he’s probably not concerned with how they look. So to be safe, stay away from jeans.
4. Underwear. If you gave dad a three-pack of boxer shorts on any other day, he’s probably appreciate it, but on Father’s Day, giving dad skivvies basically says you put zero effort into his gift.
3. Hair Products. I have to say that this is probably one of the worst gifts on the list. Unless it’s a gag gift, let dad worry about his hair.
2. A Novelty Tie. Unless his name is Glenn Pitcher, dad might wear the novelty tie once or twice, but if you really want to do the Father's Day tie thing, get him a nice tie and something else to go with it.
1. A Coffee Mug. If the mug says something like "World's Greatest Dad" on it you might be able to get away with it, but remember this: it can’t be the only thing you give dad. Put in a little effort and get him something else to go with it.
Want to give dad the ULTIMATE Father's Day gift? We've got an amazing Father's Day prize package worth over a thousand bucks and you can enter to win it for dad here.