5 Things You Can Do on a Rainy Binghamton Day
According to HAWK Weather Maps, the forecast for today may be dim with a flash flood watch in effect for the entire HAWK listening area through 2am Saturday. If you have the day off or are looking for something fun to do today, here are 5 ideas that may help make the day a bit better for you to enjoy yourself or quality time with your friends or family.
1) Do a movie marathon. There are a number of great flicks out right now at local theaters in the Binghamton area, or try a new-to-you theater in nearby Montrose or Owego. There’s nothing like one of those old fashioned marque theaters for the total movie experience. If you’re short on funds, you can always create your own movie marathon by pulling out some some DVD’s you haven’t watched in a while or you can rent or stream a bunch of flicks you’ve been meaning to catch.
2) Write a letter. When was the last time you sat down to write a letter? If you’re like me, probably a great while. As Miranda Lambert says on her smash hit song “before the world was on ‘Automatic.’ Writing a letter will make you feel good and will totally surprise the person you are sending it to. Surprises are good.
3) Game day or game night. I bet it’s been a while since you played that game of Sorry, Monopoly or a good card game. Go ahead, invite some friends over. Trust me, this will bring people together and will make it a day or evening to remember.
4) Cook something new. Blow the dust off that recipe book or search the web for something that will have your partner or family talking about for days ahead. Get creative and cook something that others–or you–would not expect.
5) Visit someplace you’ve never been or haven’t been in a while. The Binghamton area is rich in arts and museums. Roberson Museum, The Discovery Center, Kopernik Observatory, The Bundy Museum, a State Street art gallery or even your local library are excellent options.
The good news is the forecast calls for a cooler, partly sunny weekend with only a 30% chance of showers Saturday and Sunday.