What’s Happening in Binghamton
This Saturday is Tioga Open Farm Day, eight farms in Tioga County will open their doors to the public,check out more info and other community events here.
- This Saturday is Tioga Open Farm Day. Tours of the farm will be offered on the hour from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Some farms will be offering samples of food, tours, and chance to see animals.Tioga Open Farm Day will have stops at of Engelbert Farms in Nichols, Stoughton Farm in Newark Valley, Our Green Acres in Owego, The Farmhouse Brewery, Twin Brook Farm in Owego, Sweetrees Maple in Berkshire, Side Hill Acres in Candor, and Iron Kettle Farm in Candor. Brochures with maps can be picked up at the Farm Trail locations, at the Tioga County Tourism Office, 80 North Avenue, Owego, or around the county at various locations. It is also online at www.experiencetioga.com. For more information, call Tioga County Tourism at 607-687-7440.
- Congregation Ahavat Olam will hold an open house BBQ on Sunday June 11th from 11am till 1pm. All are welcome for this event. Hot dogs, hamburgers, games and MORE! Questions please contact the office at (732) 719-3500 or website http://cao-nj.org
- All caregivers are invited to attend an educational presentation on Thursday, June 15 from 2:00 – 3:30 PM at Lourdes on Shippers Road in Vestal (2nd floor). “If Only I Could Get a Good Night’s Sleep” will be presented by Tracy Jewett, Registered Polysomnographic Technologist with Lourdes Sleep Lab.Tracy will provide tips on how to get a better night’s sleep. He will also discuss various types of sleep disorders and how to manage symptoms. Pre-registration is suggested; call Caregiver Services at 778-2411 to register.
- The Miles for Myleanna Poker Run is June 17th beginning at 10am at Annie’s Bar, sponsored by The Bad Dogs motorcycle club. The ride will raise money for Myleanna – a young girl who lost her leg in an accident. Chicken barbeque to follow at West Windsor Fire Station.
- The 5th Annual Susan Nelson and Mark Samson Memorial Golf Tournament is June 17th at Blue Stone Golf Course. This is a captain and crew tournament to raise money for Susan and Mark’s Oxford Scholarship Program funds. For more information call Mike and Missy Chrystie at 316-0857.
- The United Way of Broome County teams up with the Binghamton Rumble Ponies for “We Care Wednesdays” on June 21st at NYSEG Stadium to encourage individuals to get involved in our community. Tickets must be purchased in advance by calling 607-240-2027.
- Doug’s Fish Fry will be at Matthews Plane Pre-owned, 2100 Vestal Parkway East, June 23rd from 11am to 6pm to benefit Mom’s House.
- St. Joseph's Church in Endicott hosts its annual bazaar from Friday, June 16th through Sunday, June 18th. The annual bazaar offers amazing food, live entertainment, a casino tent, raffles, theme baskets, children's games, and a white elephant/garage sale.
- VFW Auxiliary Post 1371 will host a Craft/Vendor Fair during the Owego Strawberry Festival on Saturday, June 17th, from 9am until 4pm. A huge variety of shopping and food all located inside.
- June 17th and 18th, the Nanticoke Valley Historical Society in the Town of Maine will present an exhibit entitled "Meet the Dudley's: Pioneers, Farmers, Doctors, Witnesses to History." The museum buildings: Schoolhouse No. 4, Pitcher's Mill and the Janet W. Bowers Museum will be open for free guided tours both days from 1-4 PM.
- The Mental Health Association of the Southern Tier (MHAST) announces their Annual Meeting to be held on Wednesday, June 21 starting at 12:00 Noon at Atrio, 411 Hooper Road, Endwell, NY. The public is invited to attend the catered lunch meeting at noon at a cost of $15. Special members of the community will be recognized as Friends of MHAST and outgoing members of our Board of Directors, Kate Murray and Colleen McKinney, will be honored. Seating for the meeting and luncheon is limited so please register by Friday, June 16 to reserve your seat online at www.yourmha.com, or by calling 607-771-8888 extension 336.
- The EPAC Classic Fairy Tales Series will present "Rumpelstiltskin Is My Name", June 23rd through the 25th at The Robert Eckert Theater, 102 Washington Avenue in the Endicott Performing Arts Center.
- The Jesse Katen School of Dance presents its Thirteenth Annual Summer Recital, "Take Your Passion and Make it Happen!" Watch students ages 3 to adult take the stage and show off their growth over the course of the last year in genres such as ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical, and hip-hop at Windsor High School auditorium, June 10th at 2:00pm, and June 11th at 2:00pm. An Awards Ceremony will be held at the conclusion of Sunday's performance. Tickets are available at the studio in advance and at the door.
- The 14th Annual Zoo Brew officially has a new name: Zoo Brew & Wine Too! This year, Zoo Brew & Wine Too will be inside the zoo, allowing visitors to enjoy the sights and sounds of the zoo while sampling craft beer and wine. It’s June 17th from 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm. Breweries and wineries will be set up along the path for a more interactive zoo experience! Twenty-one years of age and over. Tickets are $30 for members, $35 for non-members, and $10 for designated drivers. Tickets are on sale now at the zoo’s ticket booth, by visiting www.rossparkzoo.com/zoo-brew or by calling 607-724-5461 x231.
- The Senior Hiking Club of Broome County will meet a Finch Hollow, 1394 Oakdale Road, Johnson City, June 28th at 10am. Rain or shine. For more information call 778-2411.
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or e mail email@example.com
.Hawk Calendar HERE