Looking Forward to the Marathon Maple Festival [PREVIEW]
I spent most of my weekend getting seeds ready for the garden and if weather permits, I like to get my cold weather crops in the ground around the time the Central New York Maple Festival comes around. This year's festival is a bit later this year, April 2nd and 3rd in Marathon.
There are so many things to love about this festival with all the great food, live bands, maple demonstrations and crafts everywhere you look. This year marks the festival's 46th year and when you go there will be a mix of new events along with tradition.
Here are some of my favorite things about the Central New York Maple Fest that I look forward to every year:
- Maple pancakes - and every year, the events starts off with all you-can-eat pancakes at the Marathon High School and Masonic Lodge. It's a good way to get in to the day!
- Maple sundaes and maple cotton candy - These are a few of the things you can't find at just any festival but trust me, give it a try here and you'll think about it the rest of the year, wishing you could get more.
- Maple elephant ears and maple milkshakes - is there really such a thing as a bad tasting elephant ear?! Not here!
- Third-alarm paintball booth - I never made it last year but this year I'm going for it!
- Friends - You're sure to bump in to someone you know. Good friends and mingling with some of the friendliest people in the Southern Tier.
The 46th Annual Central New York Maple Festival is Saturday, April 2nd from 9am to 5pm and Sunday the 3rd from 9am to 4pm.
To find out all about this fun family-friendly weekend in Cortland County, click HERE. Also Listen to me on the Hawk for some Central New York Maple Festival giveaways the week of March 22nd.