Get Paid to Shop Local This Holiday Season
Ditch corporate America and shop small this Christmas. You could even get paid to shop local for the holiday season.
Business.org is on the hunt for a shopping fanatic, determined to be the best gift giver this year. They're going to pay three people $1,000 to shop at local businesses and document their experience. "If selected, your job will be to track and compare the costs, benefits, and potential setbacks of shopping local for holiday must-haves."
You'll need to believe in switching to a buy-local lifestyle to support small businesses in your community. You must also be willing to share your experience going local with your social audiences.
Here’s the breakdown of what you need to be willing and able to do:
- Have a strong desire to commit to a local lifestyle to complete your holiday shopping
- Skip corporate America when purchasing this year’s presents
- Visit 3–5 local businesses in your community to buy holiday gifts
- Share your experience on your own social channels
- Maintain a strong social presence (a plus, but not required)
- Keep receipts from holiday shopping to show the location and the item bought
- Take a picture of you in the store
- Log the key metrics necessary for our team to gain insight into your experience (including cost, convenience, customer service, and pros and cons of your local holiday shopping)
- Write a short summary of your experience going local that will be shared on the Business.org blog
If you're chosen, you'll get paid to buy your holiday gifts, be featured in a blog on Business.org and finish your shopping when it's convenient for you.
You'll need to fill out an application and include a video explaining why you are the biggest holiday shopping fanatic and can be the best gift-giver shopping local. Sign up no later than 11/27/19 at Business.org.