Endwell Home Damaged in Two-Alarm Fire
A fire at a town of Union house may have smoldered for hours before it was discovered by a neighbor.
Authorities say the blaze in the single-family home at 2122 Jill Avenue in Endwell was reported just before noon Tuesday.
Union Center Fire Company first assistant chief Anthony Silvestri said the two-alarm blaze was brought under control quickly.
Silverstri said no one was home at the time of the fire. He said a person who lives across the street noticed smoke and reported the blaze.
Silvestri said no injuries were reported. He said it appeared an electric heater in a bedroom may have malfunctioned. Fire investigators were at the scene.
Fire damage was confined to a bedroom above the garage. Silverstri said there was some smoke and water damage elsewhere in the house.
Union Center firefighters were assisted by units from Endwell, Endicott and Maine.
Contact WNBF News reporter Bob Joseph: firstname.lastname@example.org
For breaking news and updates on developing stories, follow @BinghamtonNow on Twitter.