Binghamton McDonald’s Restaurant Closed After Kitchen Fire
The opening of a McDonald's restaurant in Binghamton was delayed following a grease fire in the kitchen.
The blaze at 488 Court Street on the city's East Side was reported around 5:15 a.m. Thursday.
A Binghamton fire department official said the fire was extinguished quickly by the first engine company on the scene. No injuries were reported.
The blaze caused minor damage. A gas line to a fryer was shut off and the restaurant was expected to remain close until the equipment could be inspected by a technician.
A McDonald's employee did not know when the restaurant would open.
Contact WNBF News reporter Bob Joseph: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For breaking news and updates on developing stories, follow @BinghamtonNow on Twitter.
LOOK: 15 Discontinued McDonald's Menu Items
50 Most Popular Chain Restaurants in America
LOOK: 40 Discontinued & Special Edition Kellogg's Cereals