A problem with the boiler system at a Binghamton apartment house is being blamed for a minor fire causing some major headaches for over a dozen occupants of the building.

Bob Joseph/WNBF News
Bob Joseph/WNBF News

Fire was reported at 2:38 a.m. at the apartment house at 3 Telegraph Street, sending Binghamton firefighters into the snow and wind-chills around -15.

No injuries were reported and firefighters were returning to their stations shortly before 4 a.m.

The Southern Tier Chapter of the American Red Cross was called to assist 19 residents of the building who would not be able to return home since the boiler system was rendered inoperable by the fire.

98.1 The Hawk logo
Enter your number to get our free mobile app

NFL Fan Favorites From Each USA County

More From 98.1 The Hawk