What’s Happening in Binghamton
Thanks to last week’s Snow Storm the Discovery Center's 33rd Seussical Birthday Celebration will be held this Saturday March 25th from 11a to 2pm, more info and other events here.
The Discovery Center's 33rd Seussical Birthday Celebration is this Saturday March 25th from 11a to 2pm, there will be lots of fun games and activites including scavenger hunts and a birthday celebration for the Discovery Center’s 33rd All activities are free with museum admission, food sales extra.
Here are more upcoming events
- The JCC is holding Vera Bradley Bingo games on March 26th. First game begins at 1pm at the JCC, 500 Clubhouse Road, Vestal. Cost is ten dollars per card. Many door prizes available to win including massages, Vera Bradley products and much more. To register call Nikki at 724-2417 extension 431.
- Saint Cyril’s is hosting an Ethnic Dinner, March 26th from 11:30 to 2:30 at Saint Cyril’s Center, 148 Clinton Street, Binghamton. Cost is twelve dollars for adults; four dollars for kids 5 through 12. Includes halupki, pierogi, kielbasa, haluski and desserts. Take out available.
- The First Baptist Church, 16 Church Street, Maine, is holding a Sportsman’s Banquet, March 25th from 5:30 to 8pm. Guest speaker is James Barnes who will discuss hunting and the outdoors. Call 862-9617.
- The Color Run is coming to SUNY Broome campus on April 2nd. Register to run or volunteer by visiting the color run dot com slash Binghamton.
- Candor’s 7th Annual Saint Baldrick’s Head Shaving Event will be held April 2nd from 1 to 4pm. There will also be a 5K Run/Walk from 9:30 to 11:30 am. To register for either event visit s t baldricks dot org slash event slash my page slash 4251 slash 2017.
- The American Legion Auxiliary 974 hosts a Fish Fry, April 7th from 5 to 7pm at 119th Street, Whitney Point. Take-out available by calling 692-3860.
- Greater Binghamton UNICO hosts a “Re-Discover Your Italian Heritage” event, April 2nd at 1pm at Saint Mary’s of Assumption Church, 37 Fayette Street, Binghamton. The event is free but space is limited and reservations are required by calling Felix DeSio at 765-1391.
- Boy Scout Troop 202, Endicott, will host a spaghetti supper, April 1st from 4:30 to 7pm at the First Baptist Church, corner of Grant and Monroe Streets in Endicott. Adults seven dollars, children 5 through 12 are four dollars, under fives are free. Get tickets at the door. Take-out available.
- The Round Hill Masonic Center, 403 East Main Street, Endicott, hosts an all-you-can-eat Roast Beef Dinner, April 2nd from 11:30 to 1:30pm. Adults ten dollars, under 12s three-fifty, under fives are free.
- The Vestal Rotary will host a Trivia Night, April 7th from 7 to 10pm at the Vestal Elks Lodge. Food, fun, entertainment, and prizes for every team. Please RSVP name and number of team members by texting or calling 484-7744
- The Chenango Valley Alumni Association is seeking nominations for its Hall of Fame. To submit a nomination visit c v c s d dot s tier dot org slash nomination from dot aspx or call 762-6804.
- Sheriff David Harder encourages residents to support the New York State Sheriff’s Institute’s programs by visiting sheriffs institute dot org.
- The Broome County Public Library Book Club will discuss The Giver by Lois Lowry at its meeting, April 6th at 6pm at the Library. For more information call 778-6451.
- The 48th annual “Operation Arbor Green” tree and shrub sale sponsored by the Broome County Soil and Water Conservation District is accepting orders until April 3rd. Visit the District Office, 1163 Upper Front Street, Binghamton, or call 724-9268.
- The Towanda Order of Eastern Star #76 will host a Penny Social, April 7 beginning at 5pm at Leraysville Community Hall. Door prizes and refreshments.
- VFW Post 1536 will host a Valley Dance on April 7th from 7 to 11pm at 1536 Lockhart Street, Sayre, P-A. Eighteen and older. Small fee to attend includes beverages and snacks. Bring a dish to pass. Call 570-888-0145.
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org