Pizza Casserole Recipe
If you’re on Facebook or on Pintrest, you’ve probably seen the recipe floating around for something called Pizza Casserole, but does it taste as delicious as it looks? The answer is simple. Yes!
I decided to give this recipe a try and was impressed with the results. I shared some of the final product with Glenn Pitcher and he texted me about how good several times last night and it’s all he’s been talking about since we got to work this morning. I think it’s safe to say that he likes it!
This whole recipe complete with the garlic bread and veggies I added came to about $20, cooked in about 35 minutes and made enough to feed 10 or so people. If you’ve got picky little eaters or if you’re looking for something different than the same old same for dinner, I’d definitely give this a try.
- 1 box of uncooked rotini pasta (I used the quick cook kind)
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage (I used sweet sausage)
- 1 jar of pasta sauce (I went with pomodoro sauce because that’s my fav)
- 1 container of cottage cheese
- 1 can of sliced black olives, drained (I doubled this because I love olives)
- 1 can of mushrooms, drained (I doubled this because I love mushrooms)
- 12 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 packages of sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease of 9×13 casserole dish
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta in the pot and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until al dente and then drain.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, cook the sausage until evenly browned and then drain the grease. Mix in the cooked pasta and pasta sauce. Pour into the casserole dish.
- In a box, mix the cottage cheese, olives, mushrooms and mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon the cheese mixture over the sausage and pasta mixture, Top with pepperoni slices.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven until bubbly.
Add a side of veggies and some garlic bread and dinner is done!