Gearing Up for a Nor’easter
The Greater Binghamton area could see over a foot of snow by Wednesday as the last few weeks of winter still has a few surprises for us.
This winter has not been that bad we have had a few cold snaps and some snow but nothing severe in terms of accumulation.
This will be the first big winter storm of 2017 with snow expected to start after midnight with a couple of inches and continue Tuesday with an additional 7 to 10 inches throughout the day.
Happy shoveling and don't forget to lift with your legs.
Here are a few things from my check list for Winter Storm Preparation
• Make sure your car has a good battery and is equipped with the proper anti-freeze ratio.
• Don’t make it a habit to travel in bad weather without more than a half a tank of gas. If a winter storm or extreme cold warning is in effect, I always top off my tank.
• Keep a blanket and perhaps an old winter coat in the trunk.
• Have a flashlight and phone charger handy.
• No matter what time of year, you should always have a first-aid kit and flares in case of an accident.
[via American Red Cross]