So I made cured bacon last night for a breakfasty type of dinner and wow. I almost died. well not really but it was bad. I began cooking the bacon in a frying pan like usual. It started to look as if I was deep frying the bacon in its own fat!! So, I poured the bacon fat off and out of the frying pan. Well... That thin layer of bacon grease left on the pan began to burn off. All of the smoke detectors went off just as I began to cough and choke on the smoke! After opening all the windows and setting the box fan in front of the back door to blow fresh air into the house and smoke out the front door I was able to go back inside. The smoke billowing out of the front door and windows was amazing.

Although, The bacon was amazing as well! How do you cook bacon as not to swim it in its own fat and not suffer from smoke inhalation?? I need cooking school! It just so happens that The Taste of Home Cooking School is coming to Binghamton on Tuesday, October 29, 2013, 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM at the Osterhout Concert Theater, Binghamton University, 4400 Vestal Parkway E, Binghamton, NY 13901. If you have problems with bacon or just want to learn more about making great food at home to enjoy with family and friends you should get your tickets: HERE