One of my all time favorite things is avocado. I use it on just about everything and have seen a lot of great sales on fresh avocado at local grocery stores. If you’ve passed it in the store and thought about buying it, but haven’t, why not?!? I made burgers the other night and instead of a bun used portobello mushrooms as buns and topped it with avocado and onions. This is another way I love to use avocado.
- 4 ripe avocados
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Serrano chilies, sliced thinly
- 1 big handful fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Halve and pit the avocados. Scoop out the flesh with a tablespoon into a mixing bowl. Mash the avocados with a fork, leaving them somewhat chunky.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and fold everything together to gently mix.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap right on the surface of the guacamole so it doesn’t brown and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.