Celebrate National Grilled Cheese Day with a Cowboy Style Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Happy National Grilled Cheese Day!
As soon as I saw what today was, the wheels in my head started turning and my mouth started watering. I love grilled cheese sandwiches and today gives me the perfect excuse to make one for lunch. Here’s how I like to make my sandwiches:
- 2 slices of garlic Texas toast
- 2-3 slices of whatever kind of cheese you like (cheddar is my favorite)
- 3 slices of pre-cooked bacon
- 2 thinly sliced pieces of tomato.
- Heat pan on medium low.
- Place one slice of garlic style Texas toast in the pan (no need to butter because it’s already taken care of)
- Place cheese, bacon and tomato on this slice of bread.
- Place the other slice of bread on top
- Allow the bottom slice of bread to brown and then flip it over and press down with a spatula.
- Once the second slice of bread is browned and the cheese is all melted, remove from pan and plate.