Broome County Humane Society Cans for Canines
The Broome County Humane Society is an independent, non-profit animal welfare organization who receives no government funding and that means they need our help so that they can prevent animal cruelty and find homes for animals.
You’re invited to help the Broome County Humane Society in their mission by taking your returnable cans and bottles to the shelter during normal business hours (Tues-Fri 12pm-5pm, Sat 11am-4pm). If you drop off your returnables at the shelter located at 2 Jackson Street in Binghamton, you can enter to win a prize. Cans for Canines is an ongoing fundraiser for the shelter, but the contest ends on February 8th.
If you’re looking for other ways you can support the Broome County Humane Society, the next event you can participate in is their casino night on Saturday, March 8, 2014, from 6-11pm at the Knights of Columbus, 136 Park Ave, Binghamton. Tickets are available at the Shelter for $5.
The Humane Society is also always in need of items to keep their shelter running. If you’d like to donate any of the items below, you can drop them off at the shelter during normal business hours.
- Canned Dog Food (Pedigree)
- Canned Cat & Kitten Food (Ground/Pate Style)
- Purina Complete Formula Cat Chow (Blue Bag)
- Purina Kitten Chow (Yellow Bag)
- Pedigree Dry Dog Food (Yellow Bag)– Adult, Small Breed, Puppy
- Paper towels
- Postage stamps “Forever” size and .33 cents
- Laundry detergent (we use both HE style and regular)
- 39 gal. garbage bags
- Returnable bottles & cans
- Gift cards to Lowe’s, PetSmart, Creature Comforts or Petco
- Photocopy paper
- Dishwashing soap (Dawn)
- Large Dog treats
- Spray bleach cleaner and Windex refills
- Anti-bacterial hand soap
- Toilet paper
- Clean blankets/towels
- Plastic bristle brooms/dustpans
- Scrub sponges
- New washer
- New electric dryer or < 15 yrs old if used
- Nylabone chewable dog toys
- Dog collars (metal buckles, magellan style is our favorite!), all sizes needed
- Chain dog leashes