Blood Shortage in Greater Binghamton Area
With the warm weather comes a strain on the blood supply in the Greater Binghamton area. The American Red Cross is again asking that you please consider giving blood at one of their upcoming Southern Tier blood drives.
Here are 5 reasons to give blood:
- It feels great to donate!
- You get free juice and delicious cookies.
- It’s something you can spare – most people have blood to spare… yet, there is still not enough to go around.
- You will help ensure blood is on the shelf when needed – most people don’t think they’ll ever need blood, but many do.
- You will be someone’s hero – in fact, you could help save more than one life with just one donation.
With that said, here are some blood drives to consider:
5/22–Noon-5pm at Delta Engineers, Architects & Land Surveyors, 860 Hooper Road, Endwell
5/23–Noon-6pm at the Oakdale Mall in Johnson City
5/24–10am-3pm at the Oakdale Mall in Johnson City
5/27–1pm-6pm at the Vestal Center UMC, 478 West Hill Road, Vestal
5/28–Noon-6pm at American Red Cross of Endicott, 620 East Main Street, Endicott
5/28–1pm-6pm at the Lisle Fire Company, 9990 Main Street, Lisle
5/29–2:30-6:30pm at the Broome County Public Library, 185 Court Street, Binghamton
5/31–8am-1pm at Central United Methodist Church, 17 Nanticoke Avenue, Endicott
…And if you are not able to make it to one of these blood drives, you can always call 1-800-RED-CROSS to schedule an appointment.