10 Benefits of Coconut Oil
Friends of mine have been singing the praise of coconut oil for some time now. While it sounded interesting to me, I never gave it a try. Now I read in Mother Earth Living some great benefits of cooking with coconut oil. I always thought it was a "new thing," but as it turns out, people have been using coconut oil around the world for thousands of years.
Here are 10 benefits of using coconut oil:
• Kills viruses that cause influenza, herpes and other illnesses.
• Kills fungi and yeasts that cause candidiasis, ringworm, athlete’s foot, thrush, diaper rash and other infections.
• Boosts energy and endurance, helping enhance physical and athletic performance.
• Improves digestion and absorption of other nutrients including vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
• Helps relieve symptoms and reduce health risks associated with diabetes.
• Relieves symptoms associated with Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis and stomach ulcers.
• Improves digestion and bowel function.
• Reduces inflammation.
• Supports tissue healing and repair.
Coconut oil can be found in many health food and grocery stores in the Southern Tier.