Tips on Reducing Your Electric Bill
The hottest part of the year in Greater Binghamton and many of us will be blasting the air conditioning in our homes and businesses.
Check out these simple tips to help you cut down on the cost of running the AC in these dog days of Summer.
- Keep your thermostat at a reasonable level don’t set it so low icicles are forming on your dresser drawers, every degree lower will increase your electric bill by 3%.
- If you set it at a reasonable level your body will get used to it in a week or so.
- Your AC has to work harder with the sun beating in so you can reduce on energy by keeping your curtains and blinds closed.
- If you’re not using a room in your home and it has a door on it keep it shut so the cool air stays in the rooms you’re using.
- Make sure your vents are not covered up with furniture
- Have your thermostat positioned in a good spot so that the sun is not hitting it or it’s in a room that is usually warmer.
- It couldn’t hurt to use the fans in your home they are a lot cheaper to run, and they will circulate the cold air from your ac unit.
- Make sure you clean your AC filter and replace it with a new one when needed if it’s too worn, that could cost you more money.
So there a few ways to help save on your electric bill this summer hope it helps you.