No Excuses Monday Clean Your Desk
Trust me when I say that I am not bring this up because I share and office with CJ and Jess. If anything they might accuse me of being the messy one in the office. Either way take this in to consideration when you arrive at work on Monday. Monday January 13th is National Clean Off Your Desk Day.
Celebrated on the second Monday of January each year probably because with the holiday season we let thinks get a bit out of control. This glorious day to rediscover the surface of your desk is good for all of us who tend to hoard paper for scrap and tend to leave half drank coffee cups around.
The National Days People have a few tips to help you get started on your desk organizing adventure.
Tips for Getting Organized
- Remove everything from your desk. Yes, everything.
- Clean the surface. As you replace items, clean them with the appropriate cleaning supply. Usually, a damp cloth is sufficient, but other electrical items need specific care.
- Get out the shredder and the garbage can. Shred, file, scan documents, business cards, recipes, photos as needed.
- Place all documents and photos in the appropriate locations.
- Shred and toss outdated documents, non-working pens, junk mail.