Jerrod Niemann Reveals ‘Free the Music’ Cover and Track Listing
Jerrod Niemann is helping his fans gear up for the release of his highly anticipated sophomore album. “Free the Music’ is set to hit stores in less than two months — October 2 — and this week, the singer revealed the album’s sexy cover and the track listing for the 12-song project.
“This album is my interpretation of how I feel about country right now,” Niemann says about the new music, that includes a wide array of musical instruments backing him such as horns, fiddles and steel guitars. “We’ve done our best to try and make room for everyone.”
In addition to his co-producing the project, Niemann also took part in writing every song on the album. He penned three of the tracks without the help of any co-writers.
Niemann had a particular vision in mind while creating the songs and music for his new album: to mix the old with the new. “The pedal steel guitar has come to define country music, but there were years and years of country being made before that instrument was even invented,” he explains. “Horns have been in country going back to the 1920s, and fiddles and other string instruments date back even further. I took all those things and put them on ‘Free the Music.’
“I made this record in an effort to try and mix 1927 with 2027, but I didn’t want to disregard 100 years of what people have already done musically,” Niemann continues. “Instead, I wanted to take that and do it in a way that is also representative of the future.”
Fans have already gotten their first taste of what’s to come with Niemann’s current hit on the rise, ‘Shinin’ on Me.’ The tune is the first release from ‘Feel the Music,’ which will officially hit stores on Tuesday, Oct. 2. The album is available for pre-order now on Amazon.com.
Jerrod Niemann’s ‘Free the Music’ Track Listing:
1. ‘Free the Music’ (Jerrod Niemann)
2. ‘Whiskey Kind of Way’ (Jerrod Niemann, Randy Boudreaux)
3. ‘Get On Up’ (Jerrod Niemann, J.R. McCoy, Jesse Clingan)
4. ‘I’ll Have to Kill the Pain’ (Jerrod Niemann, J.R. McCoy, Arlos Smith)
5. ‘Only God Can Love You More’ (Jerrod Niemann, Jon Stone, Lee Brice)
6. ‘Shinin’ on Me’ (Jerrod Niemann, Rob Hatch, Lee Brice, Lance Miller)
7. ‘Honky Tonk Fever’ (Jerrod Niemann)
8. ‘Guessing Games’ (Jerrod Niemann, J.R. McCoy)
9. ‘It Won’t Matter Anymore’ (Jerrod Niemann, Rob Hatch, Lance Miller)
10. ‘I’m All About You’ [featuring Colbie Caillat] (Jerrod Niemann, Richie Brown)
11. ‘Real Women Drink Beer’ (Jerrod Niemann, Houston Phillips)
12. ‘Fraction of a Man’ (Jerrod Niemann)