Winter Parking Rules to Go Into Effect Across the Southern Tier
If you live, work, or play in Binghamton, Johnson City, Endicott, or Vestal, there are a few things you need to know about the 2019-2020 winter parking rules.
Alternate side parking will be enforced in Binghamton from December 1st until March 15th.
On even days, you're to park on the even side of the street until 5:00 p.m. On odd days of the week, you're to park on the odd side of the road until 5:00 p.m.
Remember that the change in parking happens each day at 5:00 p.m. For example, since December 1st is an odd day, you'll need to move your car to the even side of the road at 5:00 p.m. Also remember that these ruled are in effect 24 hours a day and they apply to all City streets, including streets with parking on only one side.
Streets with no parking allowed on either side, remain no marking zones. However, these rules don't apply to metered parking.
There are a few areas exempt from alternate side parking rules and they are:
- Florence Street between Eaton Place and Leroy.
- Seminary Avenue between Chestnut and Laurel
- Judson Avenue between Lorraine and Glenwood
- Mitchell Avenue between Vestal Avenue and Morris
- Park Avenue between Vestal Avenue and Morris
- Court Street between the Court Street Bridge and Fayette
- Fayette between Court and Susquehanna
- Prospect Street between Front and Glenwood
- Delavan between Iva and the dead-end to the northeast
- Lookout Street between Telegraph and Alfred.
- Alfred between Grand and Lookout
- Lourdes Road between Riverside and the dead-end to the north.
- Clinton between Glenwood and Jarvis
- Ronan between Baxter and Prospect (odd side only)
- Minerva between Grand Boulevard and Schubert
- King Avenue between St. John and Walnut
- Park Street between Schubert and Harrison
- West Street between Clinton and Phelps
- Conklin Avenue between South Washington and the State Street Bridge off-ramp.
Parking is completely prohibited on all Village streets and municipal parking lots from December 1st to April 1st between 1:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m., except on streets or parts of streets or locations in municipal lots that have signs clearly posted that you're allowed to park there between 1:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. However, parking in those locations is not allowed between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. after three inches or more of snow. Also, if you're parked in one of those spots, you must remove your car, or it could be towed.
Johnson City's alternate side parking is in effect December 1st through April 1st.
Vehicles are to park on the even side of the street on even calendar days until 4:59 p.m. Vehicles are to park on the odd side of the street on odd calendar days until 4:59 p.m. After 5:00 p.m., on even days, drivers should park on the odd side of the street. After 5:00 p.m. on odd days, drivers should park on the even side of the street.
Village streets designated as ‘Red-Line Streets’ will now also be designated ‘Snow Emergency Routes’. Parking will be prohibited on these streets following a two-inch or more snowfall until the street plowing operations have ceased.
Overnight parking in metered zones is not allowed December 1st through April 1st, from 12:01 a.m. to 6:00 a.m.
According to their website, "Courtesy WARNING TICKETS will be issued for at least the first full week of December unless a snow emergency develops. After the warning period, Alternate Side Street Parking violation fines are $20 if paid within 5 business days, or $40 if paid after 5 business days."
You're not allowed to park your car on any Vestal Town or county streets/highways between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. from December 1st to April 1st.