Temple Concord in Binghamton Receives Landmark Grant
Temple Concord in Binghamton is receiving a grant from the New York State Landmarks Conservancy.
$8,000 is being awarded to the Temple on Riverside Drive to help fund a conditions report and architectural plans for major masonry and roof repairs.
The Temple was established in 1950 in what is now the only surviving riverfront mansion designed by Binghamton architect C. Edward Vosbury. The mansion was built in 1898 for famed Kilmer Swamp Root patent medicine doctor Jonas Kilmer. The modern synagogue was added in 1964.
In addition to religious services, the building hosts a variety of community events and programs.