What Would Be a Good Theme Song For The Southern Tier Of New York?
Isn't it more of a child's thing to keep asking questions non-stop? Well, maybe I'm reliving my childhood when I was relatively quiet because I seem to enjoy asking a lot of questions these days.
My latest question posed to the social media world is 'If the Southern Tier had a theme song, what would it be?' I thought that was a question that would come with a lot of interesting answers.
Sure, making it the entire Southern Tier may be a bit broad. I could have narrowed it down to each of the metros, and maybe that's a question for another time. I knew the responses I'd get would be quite interesting. Some sincere, some funny, some negative (imagine that), and some that I thought were well thought out.
I particularly like the first comment from Bonnie B. - Who’ll Stop The Rain. Good suggestion. I saw several suggestions for rain and inclement weather songs. Then there's Mark B. and Reese S. who both mentioned the Doors song - People Are Strange. Not bad.
And Eric M. has a good suggestion - Golden Earring's Twilight Zone. Well, Ros Serling was a native of the area, so that would work, although, I'm not sure that's what he meant.
So, what would the theme song be for the Southern Tier of New York in your opinion? Take a look below at some of the responses I received. Maybe we'll submit the most popular or most creatively thought out to our county executive!
- Emily M. - Carousel Music
- Joan W. - Up up and Away in my Beautiful Balloon - Fifth Dimension
- Sandra B. - Try That In A Small Town - Jason Aldean
- Julie M. - The theme song to Sanford and Son
- Lori A. - "Call 797-9960..." - Brozetti's
- Colleen M. - Sunset Grill - Don Henley
- Aaron P. - Merry-go-round - Kasey Musgraves
- Henry B. - Down in The Boondocks - Billy Joe Royal
- Craig L. - Welcome to the Hotel California - The Eagles
- Jon D. - All great answers, but everyone is missing the easy one. Miranda Lambert - Carousel.
- Lonnie Z. - Leaving on a jet plane - Peter, Paul & Mary
- Suzan A. - Legend of Woolley Swamp - Charlis Daniels Band
- Irena Raia - Small Town - John Mellencamp
- Wanda M. - Welcome to the Jungle - Guns-n-Roses
- Nicole M. - Dirty Laundry - Don Henley
- Billie-jo W. - Crazy Train - Ozzy OsbourneDave M. - I've Got Friends In Low Places - Garth Brooks
- Henry B. - Busted Flat in Binghamton!
- Jim Z. - (Up A) Lazy River - The Mills Brothers
- Nicole B. - Highway to the Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins
- Michael G. - Grey Street - Dave Matthews Band
- Henry B. - Trains Boats Planes - Dionne Warwick
- Mark C. - Frank Sinatra - New York New York
- Jaki R. - Chumbawamba - Tubthumping
35 Famous People With Ties to the Binghamton Area
Re-Live Your Childhood Memories at This Enchanting Park in the Adirondacks