Delicious and Quick Brussels-Sprouts with Pecans
I grew Brussels-sprouts in the garden this year and after sitting in the ground all summer, the fruit of my rewards will be on the Thanksgiving and Christmas table this year. A couple of years ago, a friend shared a super quick and inviting recipe that was so easy, I couldn't even mess it up.
If you love Brussels, you will love this recipe. If you're on the fence or question whether your dinner guests will like them, give this super easy recipe a try and let me know what the verdict was. I would be surprised if everyone didn't love this side dish.
Here's what you will need:
- 2 pounds of fresh Brussels Sprouts, trim off the bottom stem and cut each in half to speed cooking time
- 1 cup of raw pecans, chopped roughly
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 or more garlic cloves (depending on how much garlic you like) finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste
That's it! Now heat your oven to 400 degrees. Mix the Brussels, garlic, pecans, salt and pepper and coat with olive oil. Place the Brussels sprouts cut side down.
Then, simply roast until golden brown and tender, usually 20 to 25 minutes. I like it just like that but if you want to jazz it up a bit, you can drizzle balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze on top before you serve. Also optional is adding a little Parmesan cheese and/or diced fresh tomatoes. Enjoy!