What’s Happening in Binghamton
Hey looking for something to do locally? Here are several community events happening over the next week.
- Lourdes Hospital is hosting a Diabetes Education Fair on March 21st in the Lecture Hall at Lourdes Hospital, 169 Riverside Drive, Binghamton, from 11am to 2pm. Reservations are requested. Call 772-6269.
- A blood drive will take place in the 2nd Floor Auditorium of the Broome County Office Building, March 24th from 9am to 1pm. Anyone wishing to donate should call 1-800-RED-CROSS, download the Blood Donor app, or visit red cross blood dot org.
- Registration is now open for this year’s April 2nd Color Run. To register go to the color run dot com slash Binghamton.
- The Lourdes Alcohol and Drug Education Prevention Team is sponsoring its 2nd annual county-wide underage drinking prevention poster contest. High school students from Broome County school districts are invited to enter. Entry deadline is March 31st. For more information email
- The Endicott Auxiliary Police Fund is holding a fund raiser Spaghetti Dinner, March 31st from 5 to 7pm at Round Hill Masonic Center, 403 East Main Street, Endicott. Adults six dollars, children under 10 are four dollars. Take out available.
- The Chenango County Habitat for Humanity’s 6th Annual Souper Bowl soup tasting fundraiser is March 25th from 4 to 6pm at the Norwich Family YMCA. Advance tickets available at the Norwich YMCA and at the door the day of the event. For more info email c c h h souper bowl at g mail dot com.
- The Windsor High School Drama and Music Department’s Annual Spring Musical “The Addams Family” is March 31st and April 1st at 7:30pm at the high school auditorium. Advance reserved seats are eight dollars; ten dollars at the door. Call 655-8250.
- The JCC is holding Vera Bradley Bingo games on March 26th. First game begins at 1pm at the JCC, 500 Clubhouse Road, Vestal. Cost is ten dollars per card. Many door prizes available to win including massages, Vera Bradley products and much more. To register call Nikki at 724-2417 extension 431.
- Saint Cyril’s is hosting an Ethnic Dinner, March 26th from 11:30 to 2:30 at Saint Cyril’s Center, 148 Clinton Street, Binghamton. Cost is twelve dollars for adults; four dollars for kids 5 through 12. Includes halupki, pierogi, kielbasa, haluski and desserts. Take out available.
- The First Baptist Church, 16 Church Street, Maine, is holding a Sportsman’s Banquet, March 25th from 5:30 to 8pm. Guest speaker is James Barnes who will discuss hunting and the outdoors. Call 862-9617.
- Tioga United Way is calling for entries for its 2nd Annual Adult Spelling Bee. The event is March 25th at 7pm at the Owego Elks Lodge, 223 Front Street, Owego. For questions call Carolyn Palladino at 687-4028.
- American Legion Auxiliary 974 is holding a Friday Fish Fry on March 31st from 5 to 7pm at 119th Street, Whitney Point. Adults eight dollars, veterans seven dollars, children five dollars, kids 5 and under are free. Take out available by calling 692-3860.
- Thompson United Methodist Church , 586 Main Street, Thompson, P-A is hosting a Spaghetti & Meatball Supper and Bake Sale, March 25th starting at 4:30pm. All are welcome.
- The Chenango Valley Central School District has openings for their Pre-Kindergarten program. To receive an application call 762-6975.
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
[via Hawk Upcoming Events]