What’s Happening in Binghamton
The 55th annual July Fest is going on in downtown Binghamton today through Sunday with food, live entertainment, a 5K race and many displays and attractions. More info and List of local events.
When I think of July Fest it takes me back to my childhood days when the main attractions took place on the court house lawn and surrounding area. This weekend the streets of the downtown section of Binghamton are closed to vehicle traffic for this annual attraction in our city list of events HERE
- On July 15th the Twilight Zone comes home! Classic episodes from the groundbreaking series will be playing from 4 to 10 pm at the Broome county forum theatre. There will also be readings from Jodi and Anne Serling as well as the premiere of the award winning documentary, “The Carousel.”
- Got a dog? On July 15th bring them down to Otsiningo park at 11 am for the Doggone Fun on the Run! You and your little buddy will walk to raise funds for the Pets Are Wonderful Support program. Don’t miss the canine event of the year!
- Come get your cowboy on! Bring your horse and join the 2nd equine poker run and craft fair! On July 15th from 9-5pm up on Shamans Hill Farm, 600 Eiklor road, Candor New York. All proceeds go to support local veterans call 607-205-0902 for more info.
- Have you always wanted to learn more about dinosaurs? Well of course! Kopernik invites you to come learn about dinosaurs with Professor Oldfield on July 21st from 8:30 to 11 pm.
- It’s Knit! The Broome County Public Library Knitting Group will meet on Tuesday, July 18th at 5:30. The group is open to knitters of all levels. For more information call 607-778-6451.
- On July 17th Seton Catholic central will be hosting a girls baskeball camp and a football camp! They encourage anyone from 3-8th grade to come and learn a couple skills.
- Here’s the scoop, on July 15th from 12-3pm the first baptist church on 269 conklin ave will be hosting an ice cream social. There will be ice cream, hot dogs, games for the kids and live music by Treasure!
THIS PUBLIC SERVICE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY 98.1 THE HAWK. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD YOUR EVENT TO THE LIST, LET US KNOW ABOUT IT 2 WEEKS IN ADVANCE. FAX US AT 772-9806.