What’s Happening in Binghamton
Binghamton University will be holding their 2017 commencement ceremonies this weekend, get the times here along with other local events throughout the weekend.
Here is more of what’s happening around our community.
- The Endicott American Legion hosts a Blue Velvet Big Band Dance, May 19th from 6:45 to 10:30pm.
- The American Legion Riders of Post 1194, 363 West Service Road, Binghamton, are sponsoring The 6th Annual Sue Hayman Benefit Poker Run May 21st. All bikers, clubs, and organizations welcome. For more information contact Road Captain Condor at 607-723-0564 or email condor1584@stny dot r r dot com. A portion of the proceeds benefits Karen VanVoorhis, who is battling ovarian cancer.
- Chenango County Habitat for Humanity is holding fundraising yard sales May 20th behind Bartle’s Pharmacy in Oxford, and May 26th & 27th at the Pasqual house, 51-57 State Route 12 south of Norwich. For more information visit habitat dot Chenango dot org.
- The New York State Employee Assistance Program is holding a fundraiser catered by Phil’s Chicken House, May 25th from 2:30 to 5:30pm at the Garvin Building Parking Lot C. Ten dollars per dinner. For tickets call 607-773-4122.
- Port Crane Fire Company – across from Chenango Valley State Park – hosts a Chicken Barbeque, May 20th beginning at 11am. Car show, crafts, and flea market too. Bring a can for CHOW!
- The Leonardsville Fire Department, 11306 Mill Street, is hosting a Donation Breakfast, May 21st from 7 to 10:30am at the Fire Hall. Take-outs available by calling 315-855-4466.
- The Preservation Association of the Southern Tier is hosting a Sacred Sites Open House Sunday on May 21st. Visit and tour 24 area religious sites. For more information call 607-237-0887.
- The Vestal Community Chorus, under the direction of Lea Harding, will hold its spring concert, “Going To The Movies”, on Saturday, May 20th, 7pm at Calvary United Methodist Church on the Vestal Parkway.
- Ross Corners Christian Academy hosts a benefit pasta dinner and bake sale for Pastor John Lucas, May 20th from 11am to 4pm. Tickets are eight dollars in advance, ten dollars at the door.
- The Knights of Columbus Saint Ann’s Council 12572 holds their 2nd Annual 8k Trail Run and 2k Walk, May 21st at Aylesworth park in Jermyn. Register online at k of c Scranton dot com.
- Registration is now open for Summer 2017 Zoo School at Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park. Great opportunities for children 4 through 18 to learn at the zoo. For more information visit ross park zoo dot com.
- Registration is open for the June 4th Stepping Out to Cure Scleroderma walk at Otsiningo Park. Find out more about this annual walk to raise funds and awareness for scleroderma research by visiting stepping out walk dot org.
- American Legion Post 758 is sponsoring a Memorial Day Parade, May 29th beginning at 10a.m. at Your Home Library, Johnson City.
- The United Way of Broome County is collecting new books for children ages kindergarten through 5th grade beginning June 1st through June 21st to promote summer reading. For more information and drop-off locations visit u w broome dot org.
- The Broome County Parade Committee’s Memorial Day Parade is May 29th at 2pm beginning at American Legion Post 80, 76 Main Street. Ceremony to follow at 3pm at the Courthouse.
- The Broome County Public Library hosts a memoir writing class June 1st beginning at 6pm, and a Book Club discussion of Malcolm Gladwell’s “Ouliers” also June 1st at 6pm. For more information or to register call 778-6451.
- Registration is open for Chenango Valley Central School District’s Pre-Kindergarten program. Call 762-6975 for an application.
- There is a free Chenango County Rabies Clinic, June 1st beginning at 5:30pm at the North Norwich Firehouse, Route 12, Norwich.
If you have an item of community interest send us the information two weeks in advance to doug@981the hawk.com or fax a t(607) 772 9806.