What’s Happening In Binghamton
Come support your local YWCA this Saturday May 13th at the Oakdale Mall as they collect new twin-sized sheets, blankets, and personal hygiene items for their Emergency Housing Shelter, Doug Mosher will be broadcasting live from 2p-4p.
The YWCA Binghamton, Emergency Housing Shelter will be at the Oakdale Mall Saturday May 13th to collect new twin-sized sheets, blankets, and personal hygiene items to help, the hawk’s Doug Mosher will be there with some games and prizes during a live broadcast from 2p-4p. For more information on the YWCA and how you can help Click HERE
Here is more of what’s happening around our community.
- Join Berkshire Farm Center and Services for Youth’s foster care program at NYSEG Stadium for Angels in the Outfield’s Foster Care Awareness Day, May 13th. Ceremony, parade and a Rumble Ponies game to follow at 1:05 pm. For more information visit Berkshire farm dot org.
- Our Saviour Lutheran Church, 731 Hooper Road, Endwell, holds a Rummage Sale, May 13th from 9am to noon.
- Join Chemung County Habitat for their 4th Annual Women Build event on May 13th from 9am to 3pm and help build a Habitat home. For more information and to register visit chemung county habitat dot org slash events.
- Whitney Point American Legion Post 974, 119th Street, Whitney Point, hosts a Mother’s Day Lunch and Flower Sale, May 13th from noon to three.
- The Endicott American Legion hosts a Blue Velvet Big Band Dance, May 19th from 6:45 to 10:30pm.
- Triangle Volunteer Fire Company hosts a Mother’s Day Brunch, May 14th from 8am to 2pm at the fire station Route 206, Triangle, New York. This is a free-will offering.
- North Fenton United Methodist Church, Route 79, Chenango Forks hosts a chicken BBQ, May 13th from 4 to 7pm.
- The next Chenango Country Free Rabies Clinic is May 18th at Plymouth Firehouse, Route 12, Norwich. Donations are gratefully accepted.
- The American Legion Riders of Post 1194, 363 West Service Road, Binghamton, are sponsoring The 6th Annual Sue Hayman Benefit Poker Run May 21st. All bikers, clubs, and organizations welcome. For more information contact Road Captain Condor at 607-723-0564 or email condor1584@stny dot r r dot com. A portion of the proceeds benefits Karen VanVoorhis, who is battling ovarian cancer.
- Chenango County Habitat for Humanity is holding fundraising yard sales May 20th behind Bartle’s Pharmacy in Oxford, and May 26th & 27th at the Pasqual house, 51-57 State Route 12 south of Norwich. For more information visit habitat dot Chenango dot org.
- The New York State Employee Assistance Program is holding a fundraiser catered by Phil’s Chicken House, May 25th from 2:30 to 5:30pm at the Garvin Building Parking Lot C. Ten dollars per dinner. For tickets call 607-773-4122.
- Port Crane Fire Company – across from Chenango Valley State Park – hosts a Chicken Barbeque, May 20th beginning at 11am. Car show, crafts, and flea market too. Bring a can for CHOW!
- The Leonardsville Fire Department, 11306 Mill Street, is hosting a Donation Breakfast, May 21st from 7 to 10:30am at the Fire Hall. Take-outs available by calling 315-855-4466.
- The Preservation Association of the Southern Tier is hosting a Sacred Sites Open House Sunday on May 21st. Visit and tour 24 area religious sites. For more information call 607-237-0887.
- The Vestal Community Chorus, under the direction of Lea Harding, will hold its spring concert, “Going To The Movies”, on Saturday, May 20th, 7pm at Calvary United Methodist Church on the Vestal Parkway.
- Ross Corners Christian Academy hosts a benefit pasta dinner and bake sale for Pastor John Lucas, May 20th from 11am to 4pm. Tickets are eight dollars in advance, ten dollars at the door.
- The Knights of Columbus Saint Ann’s Council 12572 holds their 2nd Annual 8k Trail Run and 2k Walk, May 21st at Aylesworth park in Jermyn. Register online at k of c Scranton dot com.
[via Hawk Calendar]