What’s Happening in Binghamton
This weekend’s happenings include baseball, egg hunts and spring celebrations, here’s what is going on over the next few weeks
- The Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park will hold their annual Eggstravaganza kids Easter egg hunt Saturday and Sunday 10am to 3pm both days, fun games and the Easter Bunny.
- Saint Andrews Church, 400 West Wendell Street, Endicott, holds their Easter Service, April 16th at 10a.m.
- The Whitney Point Sportsmen’s Association holds its Traditional Black Powder Turkey Shoot, April 16th from 8am to 2pm at 3124 Route 206, Whitney Point. Free parking. Breakfast and lunch available. Call George at 692-4843.
- The Jewish Community Center of Binghamton will offer two basketball camps from April 19th to the 21st at 500 Clubhouse Road, Vestal. To register, come in or call 724-2417 extension 110.
- North Fenton United Methodist Church, Route 79, Chenango Forks, holds a Rummage & Bake Sale, April 21st from 8am to 1pm and a Bag Sale, April 22nd from 8am to 11am.
- Join the Cayuga Nature Center for a week of outdoor adventure as they host a Spring Break Camp, April 17th through 21st for ages five through twelve from 8am to 5pm each day.
- Seton Catholic Central Middle School and BCCS Elementary Schools present The Lion King Junior Musical, April 27th, 28th and 29th at 8pm and April 30th at 3pm. Reserve tickets by emailing seton arts reserved at gmail dot com. Walk-ins welcome!
- Meals on Wheels is holding an Open House, April 24th through 28th at 85 Walnut Street, Binghamton, for anyone interested in volunteering to deliver meals. For more information call 778-6205.
- Saint James School hosts a Carnival Fundraiser for 4th grade teacher Joe Munson, who is battling cancer, April 22nd from 1 to 4pm at Seton Catholic Central, 70 Seminary Ave, Binghamton. For more information call 222-5488.
- The Madrigal Choir of Binghamton presents “Iberia in the Americas: Spanish Choral Music in Mexico and the U.S.” April 22nd at First Presbyterian Church of Montrose, and April 23rd at United Presbyterian Church, Binghamton. To learn more visit madrigal choir dot com.
- The Broome County Office for Aging presents the Walk With Ease walking program. For dates, locations and times call Dawn at the Office for Aging at 778-2134.
- Dance and listen to big band era music when the Endicott American Legion hosts a Blue Velvet Big Band Dance, April 28th from 6:45 to 10:30 pm.
- The Ti-Ahwaga Community Players present a Twisted Broadway Cabaret Fundraiser, April 22nd from 7 to 11pm. For more information go to Binghamton pride dot org.
- The Whitney Point American Legion, 119th Street, Whitney Point, hosts a Rummage & Bake Sale, April 22nd from 9am to 1pm. For more information call 692-3065.
- The Tioga-Nichols Area Lions Club hosts a Chinese Auction, April 22nd at the Nichols Fire Station. Doors open at 6pm; drawing begins at 7.
- The Pumpelly Estate, Owego, hosts the Black Tie & Tails Gala celebrating the Stray Haven Humane Society and SPCA’s 50th year with the Tioga County Chamber of Commerce. The event is April 22nd from 7 to 11pm. Advance tickets recommended. Visit stray haven s p c a dot org slash gala.
- The Senior Hiking Club meets at Jones Park, State Line Road, Vestal, on April 26th at 10am.
- The Triangle Volunteer Fire Department, Route 206 Triangle, hosts a Chicken Barbeque Dinner, April 23rd from noon until gone. Cost is $8.50 for full dinner; $6 for half chicken.
- Vestal United Methodist Church, 328 Main Street, Vestal, hosts a Rummage Sale, April 26th from 6 to 9pm, and April 27th from 9am to 5pm with a bag sale from 6 to 7:30pm.
- The Hawley Fire Department, 17 Columbus Ave, hosts a Model Train Show & Sale, April 23rd from 9am to 3pm. Admission is three dollars; under-12s are free with an adult. Call 570-226-3206 to learn more.
If you would like to add your event to the list, let us know about it 2 weeks in advance. Fax us at 772-9806 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
[via Ross Park Zoo]
[via Hawk Events Calendar]