What I Hope Happens On The CMA Award Show [GLENN REACTS]
Tonight is the CMAs on News Channel 34 and you can hear it on 98.1 the Hawk beginning at 8pm. After the show, Taste of Country Nights host Jeremy Robinson will be talking backstage with the winners and non-winners exclusively on the Hawk. So here’s what I’m looking forward to possibly seeing tonight at the CMAs:
5) Keith Urban and Miranda Lambert sing their duet “We Were Us.” Nicole Kidman and Blake Shelton then sing “That’s What You Think.”
4) Kenny Rogers gets “The Willie Nelson Lifetime Achievement Award.” Jennifer Nettles, Rascal Flatts and Darius Rucker pay tribute to him. Kenny is so happy that he almost breaks a smile with his Botox face.
3) Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood are hosting the show for the 6th time. They open with “What Does the Fox Say.” They tell us the answer so that we never have to speak of it again.
2) Taylor Swift performs with Alison Krauss and Vince Gill, only to be interrupted by Faith Hill. Mostly, because Faith hasn’t been on any award show since 2006. That year she was shocked when Carrie Underwood beat her for Female Vocalist of the Year. Besides, Taylor is used to being interrupted.
1) Luke Bryan opens the show with “That’s My Kind of Night.” Zac Brown (still unhappy about the song) appears on stage in a Sumo outfit because it’s time to settle things Man to Man.
I have no idea if any of these will happen but if I take enough guesses, one of them could be right. It would make for a entertaining night for sure.