Trees for Troops: Bringing Cheer to our Troops this Christmas
If you’re going out to buy a Christmas tree this weekend, keep an eye out for a sign that says “We Support Trees for Troops.” FedEx is shipping thousands of real Christmas trees to military members and their families around the world this holiday season.
Trees for Troops continues until Sunday December 2nd, with FedEx delivering more than 300 fresh-cut Christmas trees to active service members overseas and more than 18,000 trees across the United States next week.
You and I can be part of making Christmas extra special for our troops and their families by visiting local retail lots this weekend and purchasing a tree for our troops. Each of the locations will have a FedEx trailer parked at their lot so you can purchase a tree and then place it on the truck to be donated and delivered to a military family at one of the participating bases next week.
Here’s where you can go locally to participate:
- Kodey’s Tree Farm- 1810 Farm-To-Market Rd. Endwell NY 13760- contact: Michael
- Molyneaux Tree Farm – 217 Sherder Rd. Endicott NY 13760-9437-contact: Richard
- Chalker Creek Tree Farm-112 Shafer Rd.Chenango Forks NY 13746-contact: Darrell
- Kessler’s Tree Farm – RR 2, Box 2257 Hallstead PA 18822-contact: Jim
- Wright Farm – Box 16, RD 1 Montrose PA 18801-contact: Robert
- Baxter’s Tree Farm LLC – 221 Stillson Rd Afton NY 13730- contact: Bruce
- Sipples Christmas Tree Farm-1249 Cty Rte 39 Bainbridge NY 13733- contact: Bud
- Wade Hay & Tree Farm – 1022 Shapley Road Bainbridge NY 13733- contact: Clifford
- Southwind Tree Farm – Address: 260 Ridgecrest Rd Ithaca NY 14850-contact: Mark
If you participate and can snap a picture of yourself with the tree you’ve purchased for our troops and send it to me, I’d love to feature you on the Hawk website next week. My email address is: Traci.Taylor@TownSquareMedia.com. If emailing me, be sure to include with your picture: your first and last name, the town you live in and write a little something about why doing this was so important to you.