Today Is Golfer’s Day [GLENN REACTS]
Today is “Golfer’s Day.” Some say the reason it’s today is because the first professional golf tournament began on this date in 1916. I think it’s ironic that it falls on the first day of the “Master’s Tournament,” the first major of the year. In honor of the day, here are things that me and my playing partner, Johnny V have said.
5) Me: I’ve played so badly, I’m going to drown myself in the lake. Johnny V: I don’t think you can keep your head down that long.
4) Me: Do you think I should take lessons. Johnny V: Yes, Piano lessons because this golf thing isn’t working for you.
3) Me: Do you think I can get there with my 7 iron. Johnny V: Eventually.
2) Me: I’d move heaven and earth to break 100 at Belden Hill. Johnny V: Try heaven…You’ve already moved most of the earth.
1) Me: If it starts to lightning, what should I do? Johnny V: Hold up your 1 iron….cuz not even God can hit a 1 iron.
So Happy Golfers Day. Celebrate this special day with the Hawk’s Clubhouse Card. If nothing else, it gives you a great excuse to take today off and play a round….or two. Even if the round is at the 19th hole.