The Summer Finale
Fall arrives next Friday, so enjoy the last weekend of summer, the weather looks good for both Saturday and Sunday making conditions perfect for one last BBQ, Bike ride or dip in the pool.
Summer has one week left before we turn things over the fall as the season changes here are a few things you made not know about fall
- Autumn is sometimes referred to as the ‘Hectic Beauty of Death’.
- The term equinox is from the Latin meaning equal night.
- The cooler fall weather activates the need for comfort and warmth from others.
- Autumn begins when the center of the sun crosses Earth’s equator, continuing its path around the sun, as this happens the days are shorter and the nights are longer.
- People who live on the equator or central area of the planet, never experience autumn.
- According to Facebook profile patterns, fall is the time when more singles change their status to ‘in a relationship’ or ‘engaged’.
- According to The Weather Channel, pumpkin by far was the most craved-for food in autumn.
- An old fall superstition, catching leaves in autumn brings good luck, every leaf means a lucky month next year.
- The term Harvest Moon refers to the full moon that is closest to the fall equinox, before there was artificial lighting, the full moon was essential to a successful harvest.
- Testosterone levels in both men and women are the highest during the fall months, scientists believe it may be a result of ancient mating instincts.
Enjoy the summer finale day! Oh, and don’t forget get your sweaters and long sleeve shirts ready!
Click HERE for the Countdown Clock to Fall.