The Five Best Things To Buy This Fourth of July Weekend
Maybe you’ve got to work this 4th of July weekend so instead of hanging out with friends at the lake, you’re gonna do what I’m doing and will be trying to sneak in some bargain shopping time.
It seems like every flier I’ve laid eyes on is advertising patio furniture and plant sales but there are actually many other things on sale this weekend- you just have to look for them.
Here are just some of the things you can expect to find on sale this holiday weekend:
1. Shorts, bathing suits, sandals and shifts: Summer isn’t over yet, but to retailer, it pretty much might as well be. This is good news for you! Take advantage of July’s clearance racks and stock up on swimsuits, flip flops, and warm-weather clothes.
2. Grills and patio sets: This is pretty much a no brainer. The 4th of July is a great time to find discounts on summer items while they’re still in-season. But before you go on a crazy spending spree, remember that prices will go lower when the season comes to a close, so if you don’t need to replace your grill or patio furniture right away, they’ll be even cheaper in August.
3. Durable goods: If you’re looking to upgrade your kitchen appliances or get a more energy-efficient washer or dryer, this would probably be a good weekend to scope out the sales at Lowe’s, Home Depot, or Sears. Before snatching up the best deal you find, be sure to compare ads, since most stores will price match their competitors.
4. Furniture: Mattress and furniture stores are also looking to clear out inventory this time of year and you know what that means- more sales!
5. Laptops: Last month Intel introduced its newest processor, Haswell, which offers improved battery life and better graphics performance than the previous 2012 Ivy Bridge generation. As a result, July will see a flood of deals on “older” Ivy Bridge-based laptops, many of which are still very capable. Keep your eyes peeled.
Source: CBS News