Contact Us

Tainted Skittles Send 2 People to Indiana Hospital

Allison Joyce / Getty Images

According to NBC News, “two people who ate from a package of contaminated Skittles required hospital treatment for burning throats, cramping and diarrhea,” purchased from a convenience store in Indiana.

Authorities are advising people who purchased Skittles with the lot numbers 08JUL14 023 or 01DEC14 023 not to consume the candy but to contact the Skittles maker, William Wrigley Jr. Company.

The company issues a statement saying their “first priority is safety.”

An investigation is underway.

More from the Hawk

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://981thehawk.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on 98.1 The Hawk quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on 98.1 The Hawk quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!