Spiedie Fest 2013 Event Schedule
The 2013 Spiedie Fest and Balloon Rally is this weekend at Otsiningo Park in Binghamton and is jam packed with fun for everyone. If you’re planning to go to one or all three days of Spiedie Fest, here’s what you can look forward to:
Friday August 2nd
- 3pm– Spiedie Fest opens. Buses start transporting from BCC starting at 2pm.
- 6:30pm– Balloon launch
- 7:30pm– 99.1 The Whale presents Night Ranger in concert
- Dusk– A night glow with the balloons all through the park
Saturday August 3rd
- 5:30am- Otsiningo Park opens for an early morning balloon launch
- 6:30am- Balloon launch
- 8am- Spiedie Fest opens with a sand volleyball tourney and shuttle service begins from BCC to the park
- 10am– Vendors open as does the antique cars and truck show
- 11am-2pm- WNBF’s meet and greet with former New York Yankee Roy White who will sign autographs and chat with fans.
- 2pm– Wild 104’s meet and greet with Kenton Duty of the TV show “Lost” and Disney’s “Shake It Up” and Stefanie Scott who plays Lexi Reed on Disney’s “A.N.T. Farm.”
- 5pm– 98.1 The Hawk presents LeAnn Rimes in concert
- 6:30pm– Balloon Launch
- 8:30pm– Spiedie Fest closes for the night
Sunday August 4th
- 5:30am– Spiedie Fest opens for balloon launch
- 6:30am– Balloon launch
- 8am– Spiedie Fest opens with a sand volley ball tourney and shuttle begins running from BCC to the park
- 9:30am– The Kelly LaBare 5K Road Race/Walk kicks off near the concert area. The children’s race begins right after the 5K
- 10am– Vendors open as does the car and power cruise show
- 1pm– 98.1 The Hawk’s Traci Taylor competes in the Celebrity Spiedie Cook-Off
- 2pm– Wild 104 presents “Hanna Montana” star Emily Osment and “Pretty Little Liars” star Keegan Allen in concert
- 3pm-5pm– Wild 104’s meet and greet with “Hanna Montana” star Emily Osment and “Pretty Little Liars” star Keegan Allen
- 6:30pm– Balloon launch
- 8:30pm– Spiedie Fest closes until 2014
Other things to know about Spiedie Fest 2013:
Admission is charged for Spiedie Fest. Buttons allowing you three day entrance as well as access to the concert area can be picked up at Maine’s Source, Cost Cutter and Wise Markets. Daily admission is $8 per person, but does not allow access to the concert area. Kids 7 and younger can visit Spiedie Fest for free, but DO need a button to enter the concert area. You can also purchase passes here.
If you have kids:
Once again, there will be a play area for kids and this year it’s been expanded. The kids are includes a bungee jumping station, bubble water rides, tall slides and more.
There will also be a free family fun tent with activities for the whole family including: face painting, puppets, The Discovery Center, Ross Park Zoo Animal Encounter, Endless Mountains Theatre Company, local musicians, Urban League activities, reading room, water painting, coloring, exercise and gymnastic activities and more.
The Safety Pad will have a tent at both entrances to the park as well as a location in the center of the park. Please make sure your kids know where the Safety Pad tent is located in the event they get separated from you. The Safety Pad will also be mobile, traveling through the park between pad locations. Their logo is a is a frog with a lily pad named Wolly Pog.