Spiderweb Pumpkin Pancakes from ‘Taste of Home’ [RECIPE]
If you’re planning on going to tonight’s ‘Taste of Home’ Cooking School at Binghamton University’s Osterhout Concert Theater tonight 5-9pm, one thing they will reference is the great free recipe ideas you can get on the Taste of Home web site, a great supplement to the popular cooking magazine.
With Halloween days away, you may want to surprise your kids with a great Halloween pumpkin pancake presentation some morning. This one really caught my eye today on the Taste of Home web site is Spiderweb Pumpkin Pancakes.
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 container ready-to-spread chocolate frosting
- 2 1/3 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Add chocolate frosting to decorating bag fitted with small round tip. A plastic bag with the tip cut out will work well too.
- Brush griddle or skillet with vegetable oil, or spray with cooking spray. Heat over medium-low heat.
- In medium bowl, stir Pancake ingredients with whisk until blended.
- For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook about 30 seconds or until edges are dry. Turn; cook other sides until golden brown.
- 5 Draw spiderwebs on pancakes with chocolate frosting in decorating bag, and serve.