Simple Fruit Tart Recipe [PHOTOS]
I'm obsessed with Wegman's fruit tarts. But I'm not in love with the price. So, I decided to see if I could make my own fruit tart just as yummy as Wegmans and the plan was a success! Here's how I did it:
- 1/2 package of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 8 ounces of whipped light cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- Fruit of your choice- I used some canned fruit because it’s not exactly fruit season.
- All doubled because I used a really big pie plate.
- It was cheaper to buy dry sugar cookie mix and make the dough myself, so I did, following the directions on the package. Then I spread it inside my big pie plate.
- Bake the pie plate in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Then set it aside so it can cool down.
- Blend the cream cheese with the sugar and vanilla until completely mixed. I don’t have a hand mixer, so mine was kinda lumpy, but tasted just fine.
- Spread in a thin layer of the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla mixture over the cooled crust.
- Creatively arrange the fruit in circles while slightly overlapping the slices around the crust. I went a little crazy with my fruit. I’m a frutie!
- Bring the water and preserves to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Lightly brush the glaze on top of the fruit.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Super simple, huh?