Rumble Ponies Makes The “Weirdest” List!
You thought the “Rumble Ponies” was bad? Well, it’s not bad, but according to USA TODAY just weird. Minor League Baseball has always changed names. Keeps the feel of the team fresh and gives the Ballpark new themes and marketing avenues to explore.
You voted. The Binghamton Mets are now the Rumble Ponies pic.twitter.com/ctXclF08Sv
— Minor League Promos (@MiLBPromos) November 3, 2016
Some of these names I’m sure will tickle your funny bone or… force out a groan:
1. The New Orleans Baby Cakes – the Triple-A affiliate of the Miami Marlins.
2. The Asheville Tourists – a farm team of the Colorado Rockies.
3. The El Paso Chihuahuas – the Triple-A affiliate for the San Diego Padres.
4. The Lansing Lugnuts – a farm team of the Toronto Blue Jays.
5. The Montgomery Biscuits – the Double-A affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays.
6. The Binghamton Rumble Ponies – the Double-A affiliate of the NY Mets.
7. The Orem Owlz – a farm team of the L.A. Angels of Anaheim.
8. The West Virginia Power – a farm team of the Pittsburgh Pirates.
9. The Chattanooga Lookouts – the Double-A affiliate of the Minnesota Twins.
10. The Albuquerque Isotopes – the Triple-A affiliate of the Colorado Rockies.
Here’s the full list.
(Via: USA TODAY)