Reasons To Celebrate Groundhog Day [GLENN REACTS]
Punxsuntawney Phil is getting a raw deal this year. He has to share his big day with the Big Game. It’s one of my favorite holidays and not because Groundhog Day is one of my favorite movies. Here are 5 reasons to celebrate Groundhog Day.
5) Unlike the Easter bunny, it stays outside.
4) As they used to say on the radio…only the Shadow knows.
3) If a rodent can bring us a early spring, who am I to argue.
2) Phil’s forecast is just as reliable as most other weather forecasters.
1) It’s a holiday that’s over at 7:30am. If you’ve ever gone to Gobbler’s Knob, you’ll enjoy music and fire barrels. Phil tells the Inner Circle if Spring is coming and that’s it. It’s 7:30 and time to get off the hill.
If you’ve never gone to Gobbler’s Knob for Groundhog Day, you should. Especially when it falls on a weekend. Go early, stay at a Bed and Breakfast and make a whole weekend of it. You still have plenty of time to get home.
This is what’s it like. Get off exit 66 in Apalachin, drive to Warren Center, Pa and then go to Rick Beers farm. Go to one of his fields and look for a woodchuck.
This year, you could go home and take a nap and still have plenty of time to enjoy the Big Game.