Pregnant? There’s an App for That
If you or someone you know is pregnant, you really might want to check this out. Doctors at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, say their app for pregnancy maps out what couples can expect during pregnancy, birth and baby’s first months.
The Mayo Clinic on Pregnancy app is available for desktop/laptop and tablet users on the Windows 8 platform and is for all aspects of pregnancy, birth and up to 12 weeks postpartum, with all the information expectant parents need to have a safe, healthy pregnancy and early weeks of parenthood. The app also features:
- How a woman body changes throughout pregnancy, how the baby is developing, ways to relieve pregnancy symptoms and what to expect during labor and delivery.
- Insight into vaccine safety, medications that are safe during pregnancy and the benefits of prenatal vitamins.
- How to stay fit and healthy during pregnancy and ways for couples to stay connected.
- What women can and cannot eat during pregnancy.
- What to expect at prenatal appointments, screenings and tests.
- Images of exercises to what a diaper rash looks like.
- Recovering from labor, exercise after pregnancy.
- How to handle everything from spitting up to soothing a crying baby to feeding a newborn.