Make at Home Restaurant Style Recipe: Olive Garden Salad Dressing
You can pay an arm and a leg for a bottle of Olive Garden salad dressing when you go out to eat (I've also seen stores like Sam's Club selling it), or for about half the cost of a bottle, you can make it yourself and not only save money, but change up the recipe to suit your taste. Since perfecting this recipe, it’s become my dressing of choice. I eat salad almost every day, so I buy the ingredients in bulk and make huge batches. And if I've still got dressing left and it's coming to the end of its life, I use it as a meat marinade!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (Bet you didn’t know mayo was part of their secret- I use the olive oil mayo.)
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt or one clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Place all ingredients in a blender until well mixed. If you taste test and it's a little tart (meaning if your face puckers up when you try it), add a little bit of sugar. You can enjoy your mock Olive Garden salad dressing for about 10 days if you store it in an airtight container in the fridge.